Friday, October 15, 2010

Not so crazy Lou after all?

Last nights Leaf/Pens game was great.  I watched the game with some friends at our favorite watering hole, and it seemed that every time I turned my head to talk to someone, the puck went in the net.  I pretty much missed every goal in the game.  But the Parts I did see were fantastic.  It is nice to be in 1st place, even if its only a week into the season.

I was pretty harsh on Devils GM Lou Lamoriello and his mess of a team, but I read an article on Sports Illustrated .com today that has given me reason to think Lou may not be so crazy after all.

I had this idea back in the summer time when all the Kovy shit was going down that maybe he was doing all this to show that either there was a glaring hole in the CBA, or that Gary Bettmam was selectively policing the NHL.

Seeing that Lou pretty much came up with the CBA, showing any loopholes would be showing flaws in his own work.  The selective policing idea seemed more likely as the NHL went bat-shit insane over the Kovy deal, yet allowed many similar moronic deals to happen, although this deal was way over the top to the point it couldn't be ignored..  I quickly lost interest in the whole saga, and no longer put any thought into it.

The SI.com article I read today took that idea and added a new piece to the puzzle.  The authors idea was that fielding a team below the required 18 skaters and 2 goalies was not strictly for cap purposes, but rather another thing the NHL has let happen before without punishment, like the Flames last season.
Precedent has been set in both retarded contracts, and abusing the emergency roster minimum, with Napoleon Bettman watching with his stupid grin, and doing nothing. Yet some times, if the wrong person makes a move, his ego will not allow him to rest until he flexes his puny muscles.

I am interested in how this all plays out in the next few weeks.  If the master plan is to make that awful dwarf Gary look like an asshole, than I am all in support of Mr Lamrriello's vision.  

There will be plenty of posts in this blog about my hate for all things Bettman, so stay tuned as I unleash the fury on his useless ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment